Skip to main content
I wish you weren't as wonderful as you are

I wish you were that angelic only with me

For I could brag and boast afar

that your brilliance is only for me to see

I wish we were our little big secret

instead of out in the open for all to judge

together wanting it badly, not because we were let

I wish you wanted me badly, with all my brains and fudge

I wish there was more of me for you to explore

More for your eye, mind and sense

to dabble, dismember and devour

that the burnish sparkle of your eyes

should flame untamed, unbridled, adrift

for I know it has got to last

given how extreme the reach of a moment's rift

quite unlike the slow, sure sail of the lowly mast

My thoughts warmly around you dwell

Reason, logic, ethic cast aside

for you gently caress through shame and snivel

and let me feel my forgotten side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So much has happened since my first post on this site. That was way back in 2008, when typing was a fantasy – I was proud of my ability to type fast enough, but I could still hold a pen, back then. It is amazing how a lot of us have changed. I, for one, cannot write faster than I type now. In fact, I hardly use my dexterity of the opposable thumb, except for hitting the spacebar. And while my handwriting has never been something to be proud of, it offends me that writing, as we still call it, holds less charm in the pencil or ink form as opposed to the ‘QWERTY’ form. It almost goes without saying. My job consists of the so-called ‘writing’ but only in the typed form, where my speed sometimes makes me think of the pitter patter of rain. I wish that were real! There, I tried to italicize a word and it doesn’t look very different from the rest of the script. And incidentally, those of you who’re wondering why I chose this font, just look at the beauty of the deliciously looped letter...

A fleeting What Ho!

So many days since I’ve made an appearance at Scribbly Scraggly. I’ve found a human hand that holds on to mine, in the meanwhile, and have seen some more of the mundane, some more of the extreme, and some more of the wonderful. No details will suffice. It has been a good journey, with much to learn, much to laugh and smile at, much to clutch at in disbelief, much to repine, brood and snivel over. In short, life has not changed much, but a pang has been fulfilled, new ones supplanted for some old, and new abilities and inadequacies uncovered. Debt of thanks to the Almighty is pending as usual, for it has been a worthwhile journey, and None but the Almighty could have conjured it up for a girl, a woman, a stray of fortune, a queen of gumption

The quest for the best-fit is a veritable tug of war

When do you know you’re ready for something? Applying for a job or walking down the aisle or deciding to have a baby….. It’s all about how ready you perceive you are. You look at the pros and cons. You might decide that one or the other point is no longer relevant to you. You feel strongly on some points, and think the others are not worth considering at all. Would you say you’re kidding yourself when you say some factor doesn’t figure at all? Who decides whether something matters or doesn’t matter? The person who’s making the decision. What sticks and what doesn’t is decided by you. The truth is, the perfection that dangles in your mind’s eye is a myth. It doesn’t exist anywhere except in your imagination. Does that mean you dismiss your imagination altogether? No! You keep the vision that stirred you up in the first place, because it keeps you going. And then, you look for the best-fit that you can muster with what’s available. Put something together and do what it takes to mak...