Skip to main content

There will be blog....they will be blogging...

Of late, as I've become an addict of the lifestyle, self-improvement and human-interest oriented articles on Huffington Post, I've started to wonder what makes them so true to life, so suitable to my current situation and state of mind. Weren't blog posts supposed to be undirected musings, boring soliloquies, inscrutable liturgies on subjects that only generate apathy but never interest? Well, if I had thought that, I've apparently been reading the wrong kinds of blogs, and looking in the wrong places for interesting stuff to read.

The truth is, human nature is interestingly divergent, yet strikingly similar. Scores of people have been in the same situations as I am in now, they've had similar experiences, chuckled at the same social gaffes, shaken their heads over the same misgivings, regretted similar blunders and bypassed the same obligations. For it is inherent to human nature to second-guess, share fears, look for justification, and gang up where possible.
So it's no wonder Huffpost has articles that seem to be written with me in mind. As long as there are people and fingertips with typing skills, there will be blood, and they will be blogging.

How heartening for a reader, how inspiring for a writer! As, you see, those who can't do, teach, and those who can't we'd, plan, is only one school of thought. There are other fish in this school, which believe that to do is to teach by example, and to do is to become better at doing, and teaching side by side. I'd aspire to teach by doing, and thus do my job of teaching better each day. Enough of this wordplay; it gets tiresome. All I am saying is, if I am stimulated by the stuff I read, the pieces I write turn out better. And perhaps, in time, they will inspire me to write better. So let there be words, wordplay, and they will be blogging. Here's to us!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A fleeting What Ho!

So many days since I’ve made an appearance at Scribbly Scraggly. I’ve found a human hand that holds on to mine, in the meanwhile, and have seen some more of the mundane, some more of the extreme, and some more of the wonderful. No details will suffice. It has been a good journey, with much to learn, much to laugh and smile at, much to clutch at in disbelief, much to repine, brood and snivel over. In short, life has not changed much, but a pang has been fulfilled, new ones supplanted for some old, and new abilities and inadequacies uncovered. Debt of thanks to the Almighty is pending as usual, for it has been a worthwhile journey, and None but the Almighty could have conjured it up for a girl, a woman, a stray of fortune, a queen of gumption

The quest for the best-fit is a veritable tug of war

When do you know you’re ready for something? Applying for a job or walking down the aisle or deciding to have a baby….. It’s all about how ready you perceive you are. You look at the pros and cons. You might decide that one or the other point is no longer relevant to you. You feel strongly on some points, and think the others are not worth considering at all. Would you say you’re kidding yourself when you say some factor doesn’t figure at all? Who decides whether something matters or doesn’t matter? The person who’s making the decision. What sticks and what doesn’t is decided by you. The truth is, the perfection that dangles in your mind’s eye is a myth. It doesn’t exist anywhere except in your imagination. Does that mean you dismiss your imagination altogether? No! You keep the vision that stirred you up in the first place, because it keeps you going. And then, you look for the best-fit that you can muster with what’s available. Put something together and do what it takes to mak...